HNC/HND Engineering (Electronic/Electrical, Mechanical and Power Engineering)
B.T.E.C. Higher Nationals are designed to provide an engaging specialist vocational programme with a strong work-related emphasis, linked to the requirements of the professional bodies and National Occupational standards.
The HNC comprises eight Modules and the HND 16 Modules.
The HND is available on a full time basis. We also offer a top up from HNC to HND.
Core Modules are backed up by additional Modules, selected by us, to form a programme of study in your discipline.
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
- Analogue/Digital Electronics
- Electrical Power
- Business Management.
In addition to technical subjects, we will develop and assess your personal and inter-personal skills throughout the course to map your progress.
You will follow a balanced programme of lectures, laboratory and workshop practical work, directed private study and industrial visits.
Continuous assessment of your performance will be carried out by means of assignments, homework, class and laboratory work and formal examinations. All formal grades are subject to external verification.
You may take up employment in a wide range of industrial situations. The United Kingdom Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) will explain how Higher National qualifications fit into this framework visit: www.uk-spec.org.uk
Did You Know?
We also offer an HND Engineering (Mechanical) on a full-time basis.
A Level Three qualification in Engineering, a minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C or above and 40-80 tariff points from one
A level or AVCE or equivalent or two GCE AS or ASVCE or BTEC National Certificate/Award with one A level or AVCE (minimum six Units).
We encourage applications from potential students who have achieved one of the following:
- Award of a full Access Certificate by a licensed Access Validating Agency
- Key Skills – Level 3 (Application of Number, Communication, ICT)
- Other qualifications or experience which demonstrate that you possess suitable knowledge and skills in an appropriate area of study may be accepted
- International equivalents from recognised institutions are welcomed. International students also require an approved English language qualification.